Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Adopt A Stray.. A Stray Animal's prayer

As i start this blog, I would like all of you to read this prayer of a stray, I hope and pray that through this effort a lot of the Stray animals including dogs and cats get adopted and lead a happy life rather than being abused and hurt on streets....


A Stray’s Prayers
Dear God, please send me someone who'll care;
I'm tired of running, I'm sick with despair;
My body is aching; it's so racked with pain.
And, dear God, I pray as I run in the rain;
That someone will love me and give me a home,
A warm cozy bed and a big juicy bone.
My last owner tied me all day in the yard;
Sometimes with no water; and, God, that was hard!
So I chewed my leash, God; and I ran away,
To rummage in garbage; and live as a stray.
But now, God, I'm tired; and hungry and cold
And I'm, Oh, so afraid; that I'll never grow old.
They've chased me with sticks, hit me with stones,
While I run the streets; just looking for bones.
I'm not really bad, God, please help if you can
For I have become just another; "victim of man!"
I'm wormy, dear God; and I'm ridden with fleas
And all I ever wanted was an owner to please.
If you find one for me, God, I'll try to be good;
I won’t chew their shoes; and I'll do as I should.
I'll love them, protect them, and try to obey
When they tell me to sit; to lie down or to stay!
I don't think I'll make it, too long on my own
Cause I'm getting so weak; and I'm, Oh, so alone.
Each night, as I sleep in the bushes, I cry
Cause I'm so afraid, God, that I'm gonna die.
I've got so much love and devotion to give
That I should be given a new chance to live.
So, dear God, please, oh please, answer my prayer;
And send me to somebody who will really care.

7 comments:

  1. Aishwarya, such a beautiful poem, i was driven to tears. I wish more people will adopt strays and give them a cozy home. I just lost my darling baby Twister, whom i rescued 13yrs ago. He suffered 9months with an enlarged heart, and fought like a warrior. infact we both fought a strong battle, but finally i had to let him go to meet his maker. i pray every nite that more of us will do our bit to make it comfortable for our furry friends, who know only how to give love, love and more love unconditionally.
    All the best and pray that they all get beautiful homes real soon.
    Premi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prem,

    Thank You for your loving words!!! I am really touched.. M so sorry for your loss but atleast now Twister is your guardian angel who would protect u and ur family for the all the love and affection you gave it!!!

    Please keep spreading a word about these kids and am sure there are many ppl like u and me there... we just need to reach till them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i really cried by reading dis poem. My name is Poonam i do d same work lik u in small scale i love n care stray dogs a lot i hav one stray dog(MOTI)he is vry polite n intelligent..
    n SALUTE to u r poem Dear...m also passing msgs to many people abt u r blogspot.
    wish U ALL D BEST..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Poonam :)

    I have not written this poem.. Found this in one of the websites for adoption and thought it was so beautiful.. I wanted to share this with everyone cos we never know whose heart with melt after reading this...

    Thank You for having compassion for Strays.. Very few people have this quality in them.. As far as Possible Spay and Neuter your strays and keep them vacinnated to control Population... Nowadays Bluecross Mundhwa has better techniques which do not need any post care after operation.. I have personally got 40 dogs sterlised there and all are doing well..

    Small efforts from every individual would make a large difference in the lives of these STRAYS who are neglected and abused...

    Thank You for spreading a word about my blog... Do share your mobile number with me so that i can send u smses as well...

    Msg me at resqallanimals@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is really a heart touching story within those lines.
    I am sure that makes the reader think deep & help those someones...


    I really appreciate you & your loving heart for the work you are doing.


    All the best.

    Regards,
    Sachin

    Gtalk: s.t.randive@gmail.com
    Facebook: parkingforall@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete